FCF | FIN CAN FLY

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

River snow shoe adventure

Trip to the river

Well Saturday I packed my bag and stuffed the snow shoes into the car and took a drive down to the river. I unpacked my winter cloths put on some dry socks and strapped on the snowshoes. I had to take a bit of a walk (only 2.5 km one way) to the river were I was parked, but the sun was shining and the sky was blue so I was not disappointed. The scenery was beautiful as I walked. The crisp air and crackling snow was a relaxing felling. 
I took along my camera with my wich was a good idea with so many unique possibilities to shoot. The walk sure warmed me up in the -15 celsius weather. so much that I thought I would have to stop and change some of my sweaty clothes. 
When I finally made it down to the river I took a peek over the ledge to see what I could see. What I saw was a clean clear running river with a few trout darting away from me. I guess I was the first person to surprise them this time of year.  

The spot where the two trout took off up the river!


Well at the river I spent some time sitting and staring into the water waiting for some more movement below the water. But I could not spot anything else, and my bottom was starting to get a little cold from sitting on the cold white stuff! 

As I turned around and looked down the river I noticed the sun setting fast between the trees. So I set up for a nice photo of the setting sun between the trees. 

Sun Burst

After standing and watching the sun set for a bit (We dont get a lot of sun in Finland in the winter so when you see it you enjoy it as much as you can) I decided I better pack up and head back to the car before the sun was below the horizon and the cold setting in. I still had that 2.5 km walk ahead of me!

With the long walk back through the snow and the wind blowing into my face I finally made it back too the car and reflected back on the great decision I made to head outdoors instead of sitting at home on the couch! I can't wait for it to warm up!

Tools of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment